Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Welcome!

Someone posted earlier today asking if there were any blogs that were being written by NWN2 mod-makers, and I thought, what the heck, why not give it a shot?

I guess a little introduction might be in order...I'm creating a mod that is based on a PnP D&D 3rd Edition campaign that I started with a group of friends a couple years ago. We finished a few adventures into the campaign, when our schedules conflicted and we couldn't meet on a regular basis. So the campaign languished, but it's been sitting in my collection of D&D stuff ever since. And as soon as I got ahold of NWN2 (granted, a little bit post-release, but honestly the reviews weren't all that impressive), I knew exactly what I wanted to do for my first mod. And so far so good.

A few of the highlights I'll be going over that I've got working so far:
  • Triggered conversation with a montsrous NPC that lets the PC decide whether to kill or cooperate...
  • Cinematic introduction that uses sounds and animations...
  • A "riddle door" with effects triggered if the PC answers incorrectly...
I hope people find this blog useful and/or interesting...I'll try to update it on a daily basis, or at the very least when I've completed something interesting, and/or troublesome.

No comments: